I. ERA as your contract partner
- The Academy of European Law (Europäische Rechtsakademie Trier, hereafter „ERA“ or „the Academy“) is a public foundation established under German private law.
- „ERA“, „Academy of European Law“, the respective translations and the ERA logo are trademarks registered under German law at the German Patent Office and Trade Mark Office and under European Community law at the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market.
- Registered seat:
Metzer Allee 4
GERMANYTel: +49 (0)651 937 37 0
Fax: +49 (0)651 937 37 773
- Legal representatives:
Dr Wolfgang Heusel, Director
John Coughlan, Luc Doeve and Jean-Philippe Rageade, Deputy Directors
- To send an e-mail directly to individual members of staff, please use the individual contact form
- All images, text and other content published by the Academy are protected by copyright. Requests for reproduction, even partial, should be addressed in writing to the Academy’s Public Relations Officer at the address above.
II. General terms and conditions
A. Participation in events
- The number of places available for participants is limited. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The registration is legally binding and can only be cancelled according to the conditions described below (§§ 11-14).
- Registrations can be made until the day of the event or until the maximum number of participants has been reached. This shall not affect the cancellation conditions (see below §§ 11-14).
- A list of participants including each participant’s address will be made available to all participants unless the Academy receives written objection from the participant no later than one week prior to the beginning of the event.
- A certificate of attendance can be issued on request.
Payment and Discounts
- The participant may pay either immediately by credit card or within 15 days of registration by means of a bank transfer or cheque. In all cases, the Academy will send the participant an invoice. Participation will not be possible without prior payment.
- Insofar as this paragraph is invoked on the registration form, the following discounts are available:
A discount of 40% for:
- Staff of European Union institutions and agencies;
- Staff of ERA’s patrons: all EU Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden), the United Kingdom, the German states, Scotland and the City of Trier;
- Fellows and individual observers of the European Law Institute.
A discount of 25% for:
- Young lawyers up to 30 years of age (important: the participant must provide a copy or details of his or her passport or identity card on registration
- Full-time staff of universities or comparable academic institutions
- Staff of charitable organisations or comparable institutions
- Simultaneous registrations of a minimum of 3 employees from the same organisation for the same event
These discounts cannot be combined.
For early registration (1 month before the start of the conference), a discount of 10% will be accorded either on the basic fee or on the discounted fee (25%/40% discount).
No other discounts will be applied.
- Unless otherwise specified on the registration form, the registration fee includes lunch, beverages consumed during the event, the conference documents and attendance at an evening function (if applicable).
- The participant must cover his/her own travel and accommodation expenses.
- The Academy will charge a handling fee of EUR 20 for the return of incorrectly transferred registration fees.
- The Academy reserves the right to cancel the event up to two weeks before the planned start. In this case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. The Academy will be not liable for any further damage caused by the cancellation.
- The mention of a speaker’s name does not commit the Academy. In case an advertised speaker does not appear, the Academy will do what it can to find a replacement of the same calibre.
- The participant may cancel his/her registration without charge within two weeks of signing the registration form and accepting these terms and conditions, provided that (a) s/he informs the Academy in writing and (b) the event has not yet taken place.
- After the deadline stated in paragraph 13, if notice of cancellation is received by the Academy at least one month before the event, a handling fee of EUR 40 will be charged. For cancellations received between one month and two weeks before the event, 50% of the registration fee will be charged. For cancellations received less than two weeks before the event, 90% of the registration fee will be charged. The participant may alternatively arrange for someone to attend the event in his/her place.
- For events in Trier, the Academy will provisionally request a number of rooms to be set aside for participants at special rates at:Vienna House Easy Trier
Metzer Allee 6
Tel. +49 (0)651-9377-0
Fax +49 (0)651-9377-333
www.viennahouse.comHotel Park Plaza Trier
Tel : +49 (0)651-9993-0
Fax: +49 (0)651-9993-555
(please provide proof of participation)Hotel Villa Hügel
Telefon: 06 51 / 9 37 10 – 0
Telefax: 06 51 / 3 79 58
www.hotel-villa-huegel.deThe participant must contact the hotel directly if s/he wishes to make a definitive reservation; when doing so, s/he should indicate the event that s/he will attend. The Academy assumes no responsibility for the reservation of accommodation.
B. Purchase of publications
- For purchases made online, the customer must pay by credit card. For other purchases, the customer may pay immediately by credit card or choose to be sent an invoice. The order will not be despatched until payment has been received.
- The customer may cancel the order without charge within two weeks of submitting the order and accepting these terms and conditions, provided that (a) s/he informs the Academy in writing and (b) the order has not yet been despatched.
- Orders that have been paid for and despatched cannot be refunded.
C. Purchase of e-learning materials
- The customer may pay for e-learning courses, video podcasts or other e-learning materials either by credit card or by invoice. In both cases, the Academy will send the customer an invoice.
- Materials purchased by credit card will be made accessible to the customer as soon as the payment has been processed.
- Materials purchased by invoice will be made accessible to the customer only when payment is received. Payment for materials purchased by invoice must be made by bank transfer within 15 days of receipt of the invoice.
- The customer may cancel a purchase by invoice without charge within two weeks of submitting the order and accepting these terms and conditions provided that the materials have not yet been made accessible to the customer. A purchase made by credit card cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- The Academy will charge a handling fee of EUR 20 for the return of incorrectly transferred payments.
- Special rates may apply for the registration of multiple users of e-learning materials. No other discounts apply.
D. Other legal provisions
- Should individual provisions of these general terms and conditions be invalid, this shall have no effect on the validity of the remaining provisions.
- The Academy cannot assume liability for incorrect information or other errors resulting from technical problems or other reasons beyond its control.
- The contractual relationship between the parties shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws of Germany.
- As far as legally possible, both parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Trier.
III. Data protection
1 February 2020